How To Update Your Cr-10 Firmware
The Creality CR-10 is one of the most popular 3D printers in the world. Firmware upgrade of Creality 10 is important because the update is used to introduce some changes to the software, which are required to enable your printer to run efficiently as well as to patch flaws for improved security.
The CR-10S is the most recent edition of the CR-10, it is powered by Marlin, an open source for ware. It has a number of enhancements over the original, such as twin Z lead screws and a new controller board that makes installing upgrades and modifications much easier.
To upgrade your CR-10 firmware, all you have to do is to install the update that has been specifically prepared for this purpose. In this article, we would show you exactly how to do that to obtain the best results. First, let's take a look at the exciting highlights of this upgrade.
Features of the CR-10 update
- Print recovery following a power outage: The CR-10S keeps track of how far into a print it is. If the printer loses power for whatever reason, it will attempt to resume printing where it left off when you turn it back on.
- Filament runout sensor: You won't have to worry about how much filament is left on your spool with the CR-10S. When there is no more filament in the feeder, the filament runout sensor detects it. When printing from an SD card, the printer will automatically halt and let you change spools.
- Simple to assemble: The CR-10 is sold as a kit to make shipping easier. All of the hard work, on the other hand, has already been done for you. Bolting the two parts of the frame together and connecting all of the wires is all that is required for assembly. It should take you less than an hour to complete.
- Large community and highly upgradeable: The CR-10 is already a hugely popular printer with a large user base. Many people are willing to provide information about how to get the most out of this printer, as well as how to improve and customize it.
- Compatibility with MatterControl: MatterControl is an all-in-one software program that allows you to create, slice, organize, and manage your 3D prints for free. MatterControl has built-in profiles for the CR-10 printer series.
- Large print volume: We also have the CR-10 S5 in addition to the normal CR-10S. This printer has a massive build volume of 500 x 500 x 500 mm. As a result, it is the heaviest printer we provide. You'll have the greatest configuration for large-volume 3D printing if you pair it with an E3D Volcano hot end.
Steps to Update Your Cr-10 Firmware
- Download the firmware
download the CR-10 firmware update file. Make sure to choose the file that best fits your 3D printer setup and unzip the file.
- Connect your printer
Power on your printer and connect it to your computer using the Micro USB port.
- Check your COM port
Go to device manager and check what COM port your printer is running on.
- Open Cura
- Machine settings
- Go to Machine > Machine settings in the drop-down menu.
- Set the Serial Port to the COM port your printer is using.
- Set Baudrate to 115200.
- Check Step 3 to find out what port number your printer is using
- Install custom firmware
- Go to Machine > Install custom firmware in the drop-down menu.
- Locate the firmware on your computer and press open.
- Ensure your printer is connected to the computer at all times during installation.
Congratulations you have now updated your firmware
- Move to the BL Touch guide if your printer has one.
- Otherwise, you are done and ready.
- Perform a bed leveling before using this new extrusion system.
- NOTE: Reduce Retraction Distance to 1mm and Retraction Speed to 35mm/s before you start using the DDS.
There you have it. Just a few steps to update your CR-10 firmware now you can get started as you enjoy all the amazing new features in the latest updates.
Leave a comment