Should You Buy The Bambulabs P1P
The P1P, a more recent, affordable 3D printer, has been introduced by Bambu Lab. The P1P will print at speeds that are significantly faster than the standard in the industry, just like the X1 Carbon (which hasn't yet debuted).
The P1P can print at a maximum speed of 500 mm/s, according to Bambu Lab. That is almost ten times faster than the majority of the finest 3D printers now on the market and twice as fast as the Tesla. Out of the package, the Bambulabs P1P is already assembled and prepared for printing. Additionally, it prints the typical benchy in just 16.5 minutes, which is quick!
The P1P, which was developed by Bambu Lab, is a follow-up to the X1's successful Kickstarter campaign. Is this the piece of equipment that will reshape the 3D printing industry? To find out, keep reading.
The P1P's versatility is one of its main selling points. The CoreXY frame is like a shell with anchor points that you can customize with your bodywork. The examples range from vivid pixel art to pegboards for tool storage; this might be one way Bambu might keep the price down given that you essentially construct the exterior yourself.
The X1 Carbon's AMS system compatibility is the midrange printer's final major trick. The Automatic Material System enables the X1 and, as of recently, the P1P to print various colors simultaneously. Multicolor printing is not a fantasy thanks to Bambu Labs' aggressive pricing, even though this kind of technology can be pricey.
P1Ps will come in as many varieties as the community's creativity will allow; there won't be just one kind. The P1P will create its uniqueness through self-expression and the accompanying story using the fundamental materials that the bambulabs are providing. You play a role in whether or not this printer is successful.
Benefits Of Bambulabs P1P
On the same foundation as the X1, the P1P was created. It shares as many components as it can along with the three key characteristics of dependability, speed, and workflow simplicity. It also makes use of common software, profiles, and equipment. Additionally, the P1P creates new possibilities for customization and upgrading.
At Bambu Lab, we believe that 3D printing has the potential to positively impact society. You can start projects that aren't big enough to warrant tooling because of 3D printing. Instead of throwing things away, you can fix them, and by producing goods as needed, you can reduce your inventory.
Bambulab P1P features a PEI-coated print plate, an all-metal hot end capable of printing on advanced materials, automatic bed leveling, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth... There are numerous features and upgrade options available, including the AMS system, various build plates, and a camera add-on.
A humidity sensor is there, and the entire system is airtight in addition to all these components taking care of the filament feeding. Installed O-rings made of silicon rubber ensure that moisture cannot enter and destroy gel-forming filaments like PA and PC. To speed up the printing of purge towers, we have a new trash slide for the purged material and a filament cutter on the tool head to trim off extra filament on the printer side.
People who can create physical objects may think of novel solutions to the world's current and future problems. A world that is more intelligent, beautiful, and sustainable will result from unleashing the creative potential of individuals. Since the beginning of this company, we have been committed to this mission.
Some of the benefits are enlisted thus:
- You can create your enclosure by customizing the side panels.
- A camera can be plugged in for time-lapse photography and remote monitoring, and your LEDs can also be configured.
- Large-scale manufacturing will lower the cost of devices.
- The most specialized applications will require new materials, which will be created.
- Existing and upcoming makers, designers, and artists will be even more motivated to produce.
- Its reliability is top-notch.
Bambulabs P1P Specifications
The majority of filaments on the market are compatible with the bambulab P1P AMS. The purpose of RFID is to improve the user experience with Bamu filament.
Also, we do not require a dryer in the AMS because of the thoughtfully constructed airtight structure.
The AMS has two slots that can each carry two bags of desiccant, which keep the system dry for an extended period. The humidity sensor will alert you to refill the dehumidifier when it runs out of capacity.
For instance, if you put four Bambu spools on in a random order, the AMS will automatically recognize them. Color and material type must be set up in the slicer or on the touch screen for filaments without RFID. These are some of the Bambulab P1P specifications.
- Technology: Fused deposition modeling (FDM)
- Year: 2022
- Assembly: Assembled
- Mechanical arrangement: CoreXY
- Manufacturer: Bambu Lab
3D printer properties
Build volume: 256 x 256 x 256 mm
- Feeder system: Direct
- Print head: Single nozzle
- Nozzle size: 0.4 mm
- Max. hot end temperature: 300 °C
- Max. heated bed temperature: 100 °C
- Print bed material: PEI-coated spring steel sheet
- Frame: Steel
- Bed leveling: Automatic
- Display: 2.7-inch LCD
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, MicroSD
- Print recovery: Yes
- Filament sensor: Yes
- Camera: No (optional)
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Third-party filament: Yes
- Filament materials: PLA, ABS, PETG, Flexibles, PC, ASA, nylon
- Recommended slicer: Bambu Studio
- Operating system: Windows, Mac OSX
- File types: 3MF
Dimensions & Weight
- Frame dimensions: 386 x 389 x 458 mm
- Weight: 9.65 kg
Pros of Bambulabs P1P
- The printer can always operate in its perfect state since the position, speed, and tension of the filament are actively controlled.
- All of the filament that is retracted returns to the spool, leaving no unkempt filament lying around.
- Hydroscopic filaments like PETG, PC, PVA, and PA have the best storage.
- Much higher reliability than MMU2
- It is flexible
- It can be easily configured
- This printer supports multiple operating systems.
- Print one page in several different colors.
Cons of Bambulabs P1P
- It still needs to get rid of the trash.
- Switching filaments still takes time.
- Elastic materials like TPU are incompatible with it.
- It dislikes cardboard spools because they could cause paper debris to accumulate and clog the device.
- Although it has improved, its reliability is still inferior to that of a picture copier.
- This device system can be so expensive to utilize.
- Following thorough QA tests, some features reached a dead end and some were dropped at the last minute.
Cost And Availability
The cost of the BambuLabs P1P is rather alluring and will likely be regarded as reasonable by many.
The system appears to be priced reasonably for what is being given at $699. Since November 18, the Bambulab P1P has been on sale for $699. The end of 2022 will see the start of shipping.
Our sole approach is innovation, and we firmly believe that at every stage or iteration, we will astound the globe. Making technology more approachable is a difficulty as well, on the other side. Everyone will benefit more from increased 3D printing usage.
Additionally, the P1P's pros outweigh its cons and it offers comparable extreme speeds to the X1 at a considerably lesser cost. This is unquestionably a great motivator to buy the Bumbalab P1P.