Kylo Ren Hero Version
Designed by: Gustavo Canales
Design approved by: Henry J. Bartsch
Accuracy consultant: Henry J. Bartsch
This is the most accurate representation of the Kylo Ren Hero hilt from The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. NO compromises have been made in lieu of accuracy to make it fully functional. This design has a total of 54 components so it is not a beginners level build. I recommend printing this in ABS like resin preferably but will work with any FDM material too. The design however was made with tight tolerances for resin printing so you might have to adjust your print settings.
This hilt is composed of 3 main assemblies: The main body, the core (includes the chassis) and the shroud.
This is the main grip, pommel and end cap.
This is the main core, emitter, side ports, core details and chassis.
This is the covering shroud with the activation button (on the back) and the auxiliary buttons.
- Main activation button on the back as seen on the actual Hero prop as well as the official Disney Parks and Legacy saber.
- Auxiliary buttons on the front Pill box.
- 1 inch hole for the main blade (at least 2 inch deep)
- 7/8 inch holes for the side ports
- Hidden retention screw revealed by sliding down the top block near the emitter
- Bottom section (Body) twists to unlock and reveal the chassis (no need to unscrew anything)
- Access for recharge port by removing the end cap
- Bottom core detail can be rotated and flipped upside down to represent your favorite version (TFA/TLJ/TROS)
- Accepts 1 inch led modules as well as Neopixel connectors on the main blade hole (7/8 inch for the side ports)
- Supplied with a simple chassis design that accepts all soundboards, batteries up to 21700 (maybe larger)
- Supplied with a simple saber stand design
- Overall measurements: 297mm X 148mm X 53mm (11.7" X 5.8" X 2.1")
Additional items(hardware) list you will need to complete the build are included in the files
- Since this is a printed saber, this is NOT meant for Dueling, his is a saber for display ONLY.
- Neopixel installs are preferred since there is no need for a heatsink on the main body. If you will use high power LEDs instead, please use a proper heat sink and do not use for extended periods of time. This is again a printed saber not metal.
- Holes for screws are not tapped, you need to tap accordingly with either Metric or Imperial threads, according to your region.
Additional information available upon request.